FOODBORNE ILLNESS USUALLY REFERRED TO AS FOOD POISONING!!!
If you are looking for an answer: What does food poisoning feel like? You are at the right place. Food poisoning is an illness that is usually caused by the intake of contaminated, spoiled, and toxic food. In most cases, people do recover in few days without any medication. Food poisoning is not a serious disease expect severe cases but it is quite uncomfortable and unusual.
WHAT DOES FOOD POISONING FEEL LIKE?
The main symptoms of food poisoning include the following; if you face any of these symptoms especially after the 30 minutes to 8 hours intake of food then immediately take necessary precautions.
- Watery diarrhea
- Stomach cramps
- Muscle and joints aches
- Blood in your stool
- You might get dehydrated
- Dry mouth and throat
- You do not pee as you typically do
- Loss of appetite
HOW QUICKLY DOES FOOD POISONING KICK IN?
It usually takes 30 minutes to 8 hours after the intake of the contaminated, spoiled, and toxic food. Food poisoning starts with vomiting, stomach cramps, and nausea.
TYPES OF FOOD POISONING
There are almost 250 types of food poisoning have been researched and documented. Out of which 4 are very common which are the following;
- E. coli
- Norovirus (Norovirus is also commonly called stomach flu.)
MAIN REASONS FOR FOOD POISONING
We do not realize that 48 million illnesses, 128,000 hospitalizations, and 3000 deaths occur each year because of food poisoning. Here we have the main reasons which can cause food poisoning. Try to avoid these things to prevent yourself from food poisoning.
- Underdone and uncooked meat
- Raw and uncooked poultry
- Raw or lightly cooked eggs
- Unpasteurized milk
- Ungraded cheese
- Unrefined other dairy products
- Seafood and raw selfish
- Raw flour
- Sprouts which include alfalfa and mung beans
PREVENTING FOOD POISONING
You cannot see that ting germs in the food which cause the food poisoning but you can at least take the preventions to avoid food poisoning. Following are some preventive measures which you must consider in your eating habits.
- Wash your hands appropriately when planning food.
- Keep separately the raw and cooked food
- Always use separate cutting boards for cutting meat and vegetables or wash them thoroughly after each use.
- Keep hot food above 140degree F
- Store cold food below 40degree F
- Cook meat properly
- Refrigerate the leftovers properly
- Avoid the food which has been kept at the normal room temperature for more than 2 hours
- Be wary of the expiry dates of the products
- Avoid processed and tin meals
- Cook and eat well at home
- Do not keep cooked food out of the refrigerator for s long period of time
- Clean dishes properly after every use
TREATMENT OF FOOD POISONING
First of all, rest as much as possible and stay hydrated.
If you have mild food poisoning then take some antibiotic and fever-reducing medicines. Eat only when you feel like it. Do not overeat and have some Pedialyte which is food and electrolyte replacement.
If you have severe food poisoning then immediately concern your doctor. You may be conceded to the medical clinic.
Recommended Read: Best and Worst Foods For Disorder Of Digestive System