The health benefits of green tea are no more a myth for its consumers. Green tea is considered a superfood!!
Green tea is a tea that is made up of Camellia Sinensis leaves and bud. It is the less processed tea because of the unoxidized leaves. Therefore, it contains many antioxidants.
The dried Camellia Sinensis plant is used to produce various types of green tea. The oxidation level of the leaves determines the type of tea. Camellia sinensis plant is used to make many caffeinated teas which may include white tea, oolong tea, black tea, and green tea.
Green tea is also used in Chinese and Indian medicine because of its beneficial polyphenols and health benefits.
ORIGIN OF GREEN TEA
Green tea is basically originated from china and because of the health benefits it has been consumed globally. Green tea recently gained popularity in the united states.
CONSUMPTION OF GREEN TEA
The most popular beverage on the planet is water. But behind water tea is the other most consumed beverage globally which includes different types of tea. If we see worldwide 80% consumption is of the black tea while the consumption of green tea is 20%.
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF DRINKING GREEN TEA
As we know green tea has a lot of health benefits because of its anti-oxidants properties and many other nutrients. Here we have some health benefits of green tea.
- Consumption of green tea improves your functioning of the brain
- It increases the production rate of alpha waves in the brain
- Green tea is very helpful in fat loss
- Beneficial polyphenols and antioxidants in green protect you against cancer which includes breast cancer, prostate cancer, and colorectal cancer
- Green tea lowers the risk of many health diseases which includes the risk of cardiac and muscular diseases
- It also helps in fasting the rate of metabolism
- Having green tea in your diet cut the excess amount of calories
- EGCG is the powerful compound in green tea that prevents many diseases
- Green tea increases the fat burning
- Caffeine in green tea improves your physical performance by converting fat tissues into the energy molecules
- Green tea protects the brain from aging faster
- It reduces the bad health
- Consumption of green tea helps in the prevention of type 2 diabetes
HELPS YOU LIVE LONGER
Green tea is composed of such compounds which give you good health and prevent many diseases which could help you a longer life.
In recent Japanese studies, it is showed that individuals who drink 5 or more cups of green tea per day are less likely to die earlier.
CHOICE OF GREEN TEA
Try to choose a green tea of high quality or of a good brand because the brand of lower quality contains the excess amount of fluoride which lessens the good effect of its ingredients on health.
No doubt, green tea helps in weight loss and prevents many serious diseases, and maintains good health but the excess of everything is bad. So, draw a bottom line and don’t intake more than 5 to 6 cups of green tea.
Recommended Read: 10 UNIQUE BENEFITS OF COFFEE FOR HEALTH