More than 160 foods cause food allergies reaction and intolerances in highly sensitive people!!
Food allergy is the unusual response of the immune system of the body to a certain food. Usually, our immune system takes a harmless portion of proteins. As a threat and in reaction release a number of chemicals that activate allergic reactions. Food allergic reactions and different varieties of meals hypersensitivities have an effect on hundreds of thousands of Americans and their families.
Congress passed the Food Allergen Labelling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA) which identified eight foods as major allergens which are following;
SYMPTOMS OF FOOD ALLERGIES
Following are the symptoms of food allergies,
- Mouth itching
- Face swelling
- Throat swelling
- Red skin
- Itching on the different body part
FOOD INTOLERANCE REACTIONS
Food allergic reactions arise while the body’s immune gadget reacts to certain proteins in meals. Hypersensitivities reactions from food range in severity from slight signs regarding hives and lip swelling to severe, life-threatening signs regularly knows as anaphylaxis, which can contain deadly breathing troubles and shock.
HOW LONG DOES A FOOD ALLERGY REACTION LAST
Usually, a food allergy lasts for a couple of days then it gets better itself. In rare cases, the second wave of allergic reaction occurs. This second-wave allergic reaction occurs about 4 hours after the first allergic reaction.
FOOD ALLERGIES PREVENTIONS
While promising preventions and healing techniques are being developed, meal allergic reactions presently cannot be cured. Early popularity and mastering the way to control meal allergic reactions, consisting of which meal to avoid are critical measures to prevent complicated health consequences.
TREATMENT OF FOOD ALLERGIES
2 Recommended food allergy medications.
- Antihistamines (for mild and moderate allergic reactions)
- Adrenaline (for severe allergic reactions)
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR ALLERGIC REACTIONS
With these medications, you can also try some home remedies to prevent food allergies. Following are some helpful tips and natural remedies to avoid allergic reactions.
- Avoid the allergen
- Allergy usually cause sinus problems so, use saline sinus rise
- Apply an ice pack on the affected area
- Acupuncture treatments
- Add nutritional supplements to your diet especially zinc, vitamin E, C, and A. These vitamins improve allergy reactions
- Intake bioflavonoids in your diet. Plant-based chemicals are usually present in citrus fruits. You can take bioflavonoids as supplements
- Take a low-fat diet and high in carbohydrates which includes whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and beans. This will help in the reduction of allergic reactions
ALLERGEN FOODS LABEL
Meals that contain the above-mentioned food allergens are specifically labeled as “major food allergen”. So it makes consumers purchase choices. People with food allergies reaction ought to browse labels and avoid the foods they are allergic to. The law needs that food labels to determine the food supply of all the major food allergens won’t create the food. If the common or usual name of an ingredient already identifies that allergen food source name this demand is met (for example, buttermilk).
Recommended Read: HEALTHY NUTRIENTS IN ORGANIC FOOD